Sunday, August 4, 2013

Banana + Oil Deep Conditioner

The banana clumped my curls like no other product I've used.
Banana + Oil Deep Conditioner*

Tired of wasting bananas that get ripe too soon?  Put ‘em in the freezer and next time you’re looking for something new to try in your regime, try this!

Ingredients:
1-2 Bananas
1 tbsp. of oil per banana

11. Prepare mixture by mashing bananas and mixing it with the oil into a smooth mixture. Set aside.  Note:  The smoother the mixture, the easier it will be to rinse from your hair.

22.Thoroughly rinse hair and scalp with warm water.

33.      Divide hair into workable sections. 

44.      Apply mixture to hair, from root to tip, and smooth in, detangling as you go.

55.      Put on a shower cap and let the mixture sit for no more than 20 minutes.

66.      Thoroughly rinse mixture from hair.  Note:  You may even want to add a rinsing conditioner to help remove the banana mixture.

77.   Thoroughly rinse mixture from hair.  Note:  You may even want to add a rinsing conditioner to help remove the banana mixture.

88.      Air dry and style.

Close-up of banana residue

*FRIENDLY WARNING AND MISTAKES I MADE THE FIRST GO AROUND:

1.    One banana is plenty.  I have thick, coarse hair and one banana worked better.  While it was easier to get the banana out of my hair, one banana didn't clump my curls as well as two.  But that really done banana didn't clump my curls as well as two.  But that really doesn't matter since it’s going to be rinsed out. 

2.     The more you mash your bananas the better.  Large chunks WILL cling to your curls, resulting in multiple rinses.  The first time I tried this, I rinsed at least three times and began air drying only to realize I still had a lot of banana in my hair. 

3.     Be prepared to have a few banana remnants in your hair.  Good news is it won’t do much harm if you co-wash regularly.




No comments:

Post a Comment